For gyms and clubs: A 7-week workbook and video program for gymnastics and tumbling
by Alison Arnold Ph.D.
Dr. Alison Arnold (Doc Ali) has spent the last 28 years developing realistic tools to defeat fear. As the mental toughness coach for USA Gymnastics, she has helped all levels of athletes reach their goals – from beginners through Olympians. She has worked with thousands of athletes performing at a scholarship level and has enabled 11 NCAA teams to achieve peak performance. Her uniquely friendly yet disciplined approach has been recognized the world over for proven results and taming the fear beast.
The videos and workbook are ideal for working through in a group setting and can become a valuable addition to your program. Also included are videos for parents and coaches to help reinforce the concepts.
- Learn where your fear comes from and fight back
- Conquer fear using the tools of mind, body and spirit
- Get in your zone and stay there
- Practice drills that will help you strengthen the connection between your mind and your body
- Create a clear picture of what you look, perform and feel like – and achieve it
- Teach your heart to override your mind
- Overcome performance blocks and balks
- Learn to make your routines more automatic
- Build your confidence bank
- Create permanent change by reprogramming your brain
- Manage fears of failure or perfectionism
- Discover self-identity in and out of sport
- Improve relationships with parents and coaches
- Desensitize old traumas or injuries
- Rediscover the joy of the sport
Gyms and clubs will receive a printed workbook, links to 28 online videos, and a digital file of the workbook for easy printing.